My son, Glenn, informed me that I had outgrown my clamps storage racks and that I had a real mess (come on, did he think I didn't know that). Anyway he came down and we made new clamp racks with room to grow. For those of you who remember Igor I say, “Thank goodness Igor was not here.” However, he could have had a ball with this.
Actually there was a clamp rack prior to this pic. The clamps hung on the “ladder” (made of electric conduit) that shows on the left. So here is the idea we came up with:
In order to make the slots, we needed a row of holes. In order to make the row of holes we made a sort of jig out of one of the drill press table inserts:
We used some scrap to get the alignment right and then started drilling holes in the real thing:
Now we needed to make slots (no not the Las Vegas kind) our of the holes. First we setup a sacrificial fence with a key. For the key we used a brass setup block:
Then we burn up some scrap to get the spacing fine tuned for the slots.
cont'd . . . .