Completely Blinded.... Rolled...

Stuart Ablett

Yes I got blinded by this one.

I was finishing up on the Studio Build, just a few last things to do and one of the staff asked me about some sort of mobile partition between the area right behind the Studio's door and the rest of the office.

IMG_9186.JPG

Looking from the front door of the office, the Studio entrance is on the right near the white pillar.

IMG_9187.JPG

This is looking back towards the front door of the office.

IMG_9188.JPG

This looking around the corner to the back door of the interview room, with the door to the Annex room half way on the glass wall on the right.

They do marketing research, they deal with companies wanting to enter the market here in Japan or other companies with a new product they want to sell. Some of these products are not ready for prime time just yet so they have to be kind of kept under wraps. This means that when a client is coming in to use the Studio for observing some consumer interviews, they walk through the office and into the Studio, so everyone's computer screen must be turned off and they want everyone's desk to look neat and tidy. You can understand how this could be a bit of a pain for the office staff. They were looking for a solution, they were thinking of adding something to the tops of the existing partitions, or something portable etc. Well the taller screens would really put a cramp on the working space, it would divide things up harshly. THe portable screens would need to be sowed somewhere when not in use, I came up with the idea of a roll screen or blind that pulls down from the ceiling. They loved the idea, but, and this was last week Wednesday, could it be done the today the 25th of March.... YIKES!

We went with some order made roll down screens, we had to rush order them and then they were shipped last night, if they came by noon I'd go right away and install them, if they came in the afternoon, then I'd be starting at maybe 8 PM. They came about 11:30 this morning!

IMG_9189.JPG

The blinds deployed looking from the front door to the back of the office.

IMG_9190.JPG

Looking from the back to the front

IMG_9191.JPG

At the very end you can see the blinds going around the corner I forgot to get a picture at that end.

It all went well, the clients are over the moon, as they have a large client coming tomorrow, so it was all just in time.

Now I really need to get them chairs built.....

Cheers!

Hope they paying rush job rates.;) ka ching.
Beats working in l store eh Stu. Not thinking of coin simply being with tools and doing something constructive oh and there is the bonus of bypassing Mil.:)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hope they paying rush job rates.;) ka ching.
Beats working in l store eh Stu. Not thinking of coin simply being with tools and doing something constructive oh and there is the bonus of bypassing Mil.:)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yes, yes and heck yeah! :D

The coin is much better doing this work as well.

The client is over the moon they are SO happy, getting paid is not the problem, saying "NO" to more work right now is, but I have to get at those other contracts.

These people have been wonderful to work with.

Cheers!

Another feather in your cap! They could put some company graphics on the screens. Hospital curtains would work too.

Oh man Ted, what an idea! Vinyl graphics of the new/possible clients product static clinged to the blinds (easily changed from presentation to presentation) cost effective, able to change as many times in the day as needed, that is a fantastic idea!

Oh man Ted, what an idea! Vinyl graphics of the new/possible clients product static clinged to the blinds (easily changed from presentation to presentation) cost effective, able to change as many times in the day as needed, that is a fantastic idea!

Yes that is already being discussed, a picture rail on the ceiling is also an idea being talked about.

Cheers!