This is a continuation of some pistol grips I made a few years back, and almost two years ago started working on files to do them on my CNC, but found my cnc wasn't cutting it (literally )
So over the past week I've located all the files and after learning a bit more about cambam and Mach3 I've been able to actually make them do something with a little less frustration.
It takes several operations to get to the final cut-outs, I forgot to get pics of carving the inside of the grips, but can see it here in the 3rd pic.
One thing I learned was using the holding tabs in cambam, which keeps the piece held in place when cutting out the profile of the grip.
This is after a quick 1 minute oscillating sander clean up. This is just a test grip and will be tossed.
The final pieces rough sanded.
And I did find out that I need to double check my gcode before running a new file. Also that my new setup has quite a bit of torque, it cut right through 1/2" red oak in a single pass before I could hit the estop.