When I ripped this log, which was actually part of a branch I was not sure what to do with it. There was a gap in the outside of the wood. This is what I ended up with. The gap ended up looking like a handle of sorts. After initially hollowing it out I expanded the inside using a rotary rasp as well as smallish curved chisels. I expanded it going away from the "Handle" part as I wanted to maintain that area as it was. I even had to use a regular wood rasp on this. I might should have gone further with the hollowing out but decided against it. I filled a couple of spots on the top with crushed red coral. Those spots just seemed to need it. The outside diameter is 8 3/4" and it has a height of 3" with a depth of 2 1/4". I used my usual walnut oil to seal the wood and then polished it up with a walnut oil/shellac mixture.