Not Even a Sawstop or a Bosch Would Have Helped Me

Paul Douglass

This is my latest scroll saw project:

IMG_2516.jpg

Today I found a frame for it that my wife gave me. The picture was a around 1/4" wide to fit in the frame. So I put it on the table saw to shave some off both sides to get to the frame size. You know where this is going, don't you?? Boom shrapnel flying everywhere!! Not really sure what happen but it must have been my fault! I didn't say one bad word, my only thought was, "well I guess I get to scroll that one again!" Not really total loss. I stacked two pieces of 1/4" when I did it so I have another. I have just gone to the trouble to sand, clean up and put a finish on this one.

By the way I went a little crazy a few weeks ago and bought this:

IMG_2520.jpg

It is a Hegner, German made. I'm old and getting goofy. My wife is getting worse, she didn't even get angry. Took all the fun out of it!! This is a great saw, if I ever figure it out. Well you do need a back up saw.

OOOOoooh nice saw! You're getting serous here!

Bummer on the project, maybe it was to thin for the tablesaw and it pulled it down in/flexed it some? I wonder if a backer piece of plywood might have saved it?

Man...sorry that happened. I wouldn't put anything that delicate near a spinning blade without extra support. maybe sandwich any future table saw cuts between a couple of solid pieces of scrap. There's got to be too much flex in a stand alone piece.

wow! After all that beautiful work......
definitely the sandwich method but also zero clearance insert so the piece is fully supported.

Cool saw! Not too familiar with the scrollers but that looks very well made. Should serve a man with your talents quite nicely!