They say if it rains on your wedding day,

Chuck Ellis

it's a good luck omen.... well it rained all day 23 years ago and didn't stop until about 1 hour before the ceremony.

Today marks 23 years Dianne and I have been hitched to the same star... it's been a great ride and would be nice to see 23 more...

This time last year, we weren't sure we would get another year. Dianne was 11 days into recovery from her stroke,
4 months into recovery from a septic blood infection and waiting for heart for heart surgery in 7 days. But I was lucky, she made it and I still have her. It's been a long year, but recovery is progressing well.... only slight residual from the stroke - a little speech impediment when she's tired. The infection is gone and she's recovering great from the heart surgery. Only thing left, she needs something done to her back as she can only stand and walk for a short time before it gives out.

Thanks guys, appreciate the sentiments. I just made her favorite breakfast, eggs Benedict... slight variation though... we add a slice of tomato on the muffin and use Black Forest ham instead of Canadian bacon. I fix it for her at least once a week.

Tonight, she's fixing shrimp on the bar-b-cue with vegetable kabobs and rice pilaf.... she wanted to make a berry cobbler, but I thought too
much time on her feet, so made her buy a cherry pie for desert.

Congratulations. It is good to learn how fleeting life and health maybe. Makes one stop taking things for granted. May you have many more years together, enjoying each other.

Congrats to both of you. Hope all works out for the back and you get many more years together. You had me pausing to think how many years i been married.lol one year behind you.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

congratulations chuck to you and your wife Diane it is very good luck when it rains but it's also very good luck when it snows also.
I wish you all the best today and you have a blessed today

Last edited:
Congratulations! I hope you have many more wonderful years together.

We not only had rain but violent thunderstorms with lots of hail. The storms were so bad we could not get home for many hours and when we finally arrived we went straight to bed because we had to get up early to leave for our honeymoon. The wedding night consisted of lots of much-needed sleep.

That was over 40 years ago so I believe you are right about the rain being a good omen. Best to you and your bride!