Thread: Ice Therapy

GTA Ontario Canada

Ice Therapy

Thought i would share this here having just got back from two sessions of physio today and now doing ice therapy for swelling.

This is a neat gadget i wish i had known of before way back. By accident through internet i found out about it and highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1427737762161.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	89934

Its a unit made by a company called Breg. Called polar care.
    Little cooler and for the lid the mounted a pump on the underside. You put water and ice inside then the unit pumps and circulates the ice cold water to a wrap that is made according to part of body you trying to treat.

You only do it for 10 min at a time because it can get real cold and u dont want to trigger body hyperthermia defense mechanism as that would only get u more swelling.
    Can buy them online in a variety of places even on amazon.
    Well worth the couple hundred investment.

I came up with using plastic drinking cups to make cylinders of ice to use in place of cubes.

Lasts a long time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Kansas City, Missouri
    A friend had one of those when he had his knee surgery. How's the knee feeling? Having any pain from the surgery?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Hmmm, got my taste buds thinking bourbon and a modified neck brace Hope it works well for you and that you're back up and at 'em in no time!
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

GTA Ontario Canada

Re: Ice Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    How's the knee feeling? Having any pain from the surgery?
    This surgery is aomething of a miracle. I cannot believe that one can walk on it next day.
    Pain I am discovering seems to vary in definition from person to person.
    I discovered i have high threshold to tolerating pain.
    Trying to stay of pain medication and i only have. mild stuff by what i hear, but i am learning this is not a good stratrgy in this case. Its not conducive with doing lots of excercises which is more important at this stage.
    So i am witnessing what i missed at Rock Concerts in 60's 70's and feel high as a kite. Dont take much to do that to me. Trouble is, it makes me so light headed and drowsy i cannot focus on the excercises. So its been a battle to date. I am experimenting with a regime to regulate the drugs. Over the weekend i went through the weirdest roller coaster of emotions i have ever experienced. My heart goes out to my wife she is the best partner one can ever hope to have in a situation like this. But for a person thats used to doing a lot of different things constantly this is gonna drive me nuts. Just have to get er done and be done with it.
    Thanks for asking.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yorktown, Virginia
    Had some surgery today and am enjoying a frozen corn pack as I write. 20 minutes on, 20 off. Cold is a good thing. Hope it's working well for you, Rob.

Outside the beltway
    rob is your wife give you the shots in the stomach, Shelly was doing mine for me cuz I couldn't do it myself. the ice is your friend. moderating your drugs I found 1 every 4 hours for the first month and a half was what I needed and I've dropped way back since then. at this point the only time I'm taking the meds is before therapy and before I go to sleep along with a Tylenol PM. I hope you can sleep well.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::