1 little box & 2 jewelry boxes

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
The basis for these boxes came from David Freedman's book "Box-Making Basics.
This one is of Aromatic Red Cedar, the legs are Birdseye Maple.View attachment 7899

View attachment 7900
This one is of Cherry with a Curly Maple rased panel lid.
[/ATTACH]
And the last one is of Wormy Butternut with a Cherry raised panel lid.[/ATTACH]
Somehow the sequence is mixed up, but I'm sure you will get it right.

Aside to Frank Pellow: Done using your instructions to the best of my ability. Not very good though, is it? Must be doing something incorrectly.
The jewelry boxes are for 2 grandaughters, the red cedar will keep my loose change.

Hey Mack,
As good lookin as those boxes are I can see them being around for a long time. Each one has it's own charm. Thanks,
Shaz
That curly maple sure makes it's presence felt. Nice work :)
Sign them and date I hope.

[Aside to Frank Pellow: Done using your instructions to the best of my ability. Not very good though, is it? Must be doing something incorrectly
Well you fot some of it right :) but I am not sure what was done incorrectly. :huh:

But Mack, I will trade my ability to insert pictures inline for your abitly to make such great boxes. Well done. :thumb:

Last edited:
Those are real Beauties, Mack. (That Makers Mark you've got there, is some real Smooth stuff too).:D Seeing that bottle brings up memories of a GOOD Trip. While attending the national VICA contests with my wife in Louisville, Ky. about 17 years ago, we took a side trip to the Makers Mark Distillery, and it was really interesting. It was much smaller than I expected, but was located kinda in the backwoods in a very beautiful location. Well worth the drive down there.

As I said, the whole trip was Great, I got introduced to Makers Mark, Derby Pie,:thumb::thumb: annnnnnnnnd.......the last day there I got a great deal on one of the PM-66's that was used in the woodworking contests for a day and a half. Thanks for showing the Beautiful woodwork, And, reviving fond memories,:thumb:so I think you are a WINNER, (even if you don't have a Festool Saw).:D

Mack Cameron;37981... I'd trade my ability to make boxes for that Festool saw you have for sale!:rofl: [/QUOTE said:
Maybe if you'd made that loose change box a little bigger, you could eventually afford Frank's saw.:dunno:

Nice job on the boxes.