Caffeine all day long

Jim Burr

First of these I made the blank for. Coffee beans in Alumilite on a two tone chrome Sierra. Kind of a luke warm reception at the cooking school open house last night, but the asst head chef Tim wants handles made for his custom chef knives...including stabilizing....hmmm...I can do that! Picking up a knife today as a half price demo. Thanks for looking!
cd458c4a831fa6ee1cfbcb2e87c505d8.jpg

First of these I made the blank for. Coffee beans in Alumilite on a two tone chrome Sierra. Kind of a luke warm reception at the cooking school open house last night, but the asst head chef Tim wants handles made for his custom chef knives...including stabilizing....hmmm...I can do that! Picking up a knife today as a half price demo. Thanks for looking!

Well I know a few people who'd like it being coffee heads :D

Will be interesting to see what you come up with for the knife handles, are you going stabilized wood or something funky?

Well I know a few people who'd like it being coffee heads :D

Will be interesting to see what you come up with for the knife handles, are you going stabilized wood or something funky?

Yessir! Stabilize, cast as WW in Alumilite and in some cases, octagonalize it (new word!) and drill for the tang. Stabilizing helps the color from bleeding into the wood. Also have some thoughts about lamination with metal and stuff.

It was just a weird day...open house with 1500 people showing up. Bad time for the owner to look...chefs and staff were really happy. This stuff ain't easy and there is no illusion that on a good day I can turn...on no day can I sell.

Good morning Les! The scales will be for professional chefs knives. For the most part, these do not use rivets but a hole drilled for the tang.