Rustic Red Oak Table Lamp

Dave Hoskins

I know this lamp was not turned, but seeing am 99% a turner this is where I decided to post it. Took a dried up branch that had a hollowed out burl on it and cut it down. After another bit of cutting down on the top, and a fair amount of sanding this is what I ended up with. It has the standard GE 3 way light kit in it. The base is about 8" in diameter. The wood height is 10" with a total height of 20". The widest point is about 10" and the narrowest about 8". I didn't have a shade to put on it for the photos so I figured I would leave that to the imagination. Thanks for looking.

Thanks, guys! Chuck, I actually have a wild squirrel that's kind of a pet. I call him Elmo for some reason. He likes to sit on the window sills and watch me when I am at the computer, and then one of the sills is the living room when I'm watching tv or a movie. There's also a young roadrunner that likes to look at me while I am at the computer. I have some interesting critters around here.

Cool lamp. :thumb: I'd be tempted to find a small stuffed mouse (like a cat toy) and find a way to hide most of it in that hollow branch stub. :D

Thanks, guys! Chuck, I actually have a wild squirrel that's kind of a pet. I call him Elmo for some reason. He likes to sit on the window sills and watch me when I am at the computer, and then one of the sills is the living room when I'm watching tv or a movie. There's also a young roadrunner that likes to look at me while I am at the computer. I have some interesting critters around here.

I haven't seen a live road runner since we lived in Wilbarger county back in the late 40's.... they were all over the place back then, along with the jack rabbits....

I live on 35 acres with the house basically dead center. Civilization is encroaching me and it is rather aggravating. But, it seems the wild critters know to come here to live and eat. I have a herd of deer that I feed, roadrunners here and there, all kinds of birds as well as owls, a wild turkey hen I named Gertrude, cottontails everywhere, squirrels, raccoons, and the occasional bobcat. The bobcat mainly comes around to drink from the watering trough I have set up for the deer. I like sitting on the back deck in the evening and watching them come around and eat and drink. Used to have some scrawny looking deer before I started taking care of them.