fancy wood

Chuck Thoits

Had an addition to the family ordered them special with fancy wood.
A Henry Golden Boy and a Golden Boy Silver Eagle both in 22LR.
The new fancy wood gun rack is out in the shop waiting on finish and flocking.

Attachments

• 20150323_200220.jpg
    20150323_200220.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 94
Those are beautiful! I've had my eye on one of those for a couple of years. Didn't know you could get fancy wood. With my eyes, it would need some kind of scope and that just seems wrong.

Oh man Chuck i would love to have one of those. Beuties.

Is .22l ammo hard to come by? I would have thought it was freely available. Am i missing something?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Chuck, I hope their plating process has gotten better. Had a consecutive numbered pair of octagon barreled golden boys in 22 and 22 mag. Bought them from a guy getting a divorce, they hadn't ever been shot, I bought them for an investment. In the safe they were losing their gold finish. Before they looked horrible I sold them, made a profit, but wasn't happy that the color diluted even in a dark safe. That wood is insanely beautiful. Very nice.

Beautiful pair of rifles. There has been no 22 ammo in our local stores for almost 2 years. I have bought it off the internet from Midway. They have some decent sales once in a while.

Sweet pair of rifles. :thumb:

Now all you've gotta do is find some .22 ammo, lol.

Dittos on both counts! And Henry sure make some really nice rifles.

After seeing empty shelves for almost two years, I am finally seeing .22LR here. I guess all the new gun buyers from the panic over the past couple years finally filled the back bedroom closet, or ran out of money stocking up. Maybe both!

Why would anyone want to stock up on .22 ?

If i am panicing and buying a gun for "in case" and then feel the added need to have tons of ammo on hand, i would certainly not be relying on .22 ammo of any kind to be my backup life saver.
Thats when i think bigger is best. Lol if i am going to shoot in self defense, i dont want to injure the perp i want to put paid to them one at a time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have a .22 conversion for my .45 that I use for weapon familiarity/handling practice. The choice is to practice proper form, grip and sighting at ten cents a pop with a .22, rather than a buck a pop for .45. I still shoot .45...just not as much. Maintaining proficiency is a major component of responsible gun ownership. If you own one, you should dang sure know how to use it.

Last edited: