Thread: Sawhorses for you soul

Sawhorses for you soul

This here my friends my latest project a couple of sawhorses of I-Beam design featured on a couple of websites. It was finished yesterday. (It's not much to look at but you did say you wanted to see completed projects so there... ).

Attachment 7938

It's made completely out of scrap lumber found here and there. I'm sure a couple of guys could stand on this puppy without any danger.

The original plan was modified slightly as in the legs were made longer to accomodate my height.

Cost to make : $0 (except maybe 30 or so 3" screws that I allready had)

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality picture

Yann
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, so keep your hands away and watch out!

Yann

Can't see the pic well enough to appreciate the project!

Can you put a link to the website with the plan so we can see the design?

I am sure you did a great job so kudos !

Jay

Jay,

Here is the link you requested.

Linky.

In my modifications I changed the top 2x4 for a 2x6 to give me a bit more surface area. Also I beveled the legs to make them flush under the I-Beam and on the floor and I made both of them the same length.

Will get them out under the sun this weekend and take a better picture.

Yann.
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, so keep your hands away and watch out!

Hey Yann, I played with your pic a bit, not much to work with (in the picture department, not the sawhorses) but at least we can see them now.............

Attachment 7939
    .......... you are right, that is one SOLID design!

Your grandkids will be using those!

I built a pair one time on a jobsite, 4 guys showed up for one job, so the foreman said we had to build a pair of sawhorses, the best ones built got the job. We could only use scraps from the jobsite, I got the job

Luckily for me, my grandfather taught all of us male grandkids how to build a good solid set of saw horses, and I'd say your design went one step further on the solid bit.

I also love the price, that is the kind of price everyone can appreciate!.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Stuart Ablett; 04-27-2007 at 06:41 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Yeah, I love stuff made from scrap for the shop. Most of my jigs and racks come out of the scrap bin.

Yann

Thanks for the link, cool design! And I was correct, you did do a great job on yours -- Stu's rework of your pic helps alot!

Jay

Saw Horses.

These are great! Its usually the first thing we make when we get to the job site. A few 2x4s and you have a decent cutting table. Also good for laying trim on for priming.

The only difference is we never put the top board on. Good Idea.

Another little tip.. Route a small dado in the center of the top 2x6, length ways and glue a strip about 2 inches high across it. This way when you are cutting you won't hit the nails/screws that hold the top piece on unless its glued already? or do like I always did and lay 2x4s across the two horses for plywood cutting.
    George Blevins
    Astriapo@earthlink.net