Sawhorses for you soul

Yann Arbour

This here my friends my latest project a couple of sawhorses of I-Beam design featured on a couple of websites. It was finished yesterday. (It's not much to look at but you did say you wanted to see completed projects so there... :rofl: ).

Sawhorses.jpg

It's made completely out of scrap lumber found here and there. I'm sure a couple of guys could stand on this puppy without any danger. :D

The original plan was modified slightly as in the legs were made longer to accomodate my height. :p

Cost to make : $0 (except maybe 30 or so 3" screws that I allready had) :headbang:

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality picture

Yann

Yann

Can't see the pic well enough to appreciate the project!

Can you put a link to the website with the plan so we can see the design?

I am sure you did a great job so kudos !

Jay

Jay,

Here is the link you requested.

Linky.

In my modifications I changed the top 2x4 for a 2x6 to give me a bit more surface area. Also I beveled the legs to make them flush under the I-Beam and on the floor and I made both of them the same length.

Will get them out under the sun this weekend and take a better picture.

Yann.

Hey Yann, I played with your pic a bit, not much to work with (in the picture department, not the sawhorses) but at least we can see them now.............

Sawhorses3.jpg
.......... you are right, that is one SOLID design! :clap:

Your grandkids will be using those!

I built a pair one time on a jobsite, 4 guys showed up for one job, so the foreman said we had to build a pair of sawhorses, the best ones built got the job. We could only use scraps from the jobsite, I got the job :D

Luckily for me, my grandfather taught all of us male grandkids how to build a good solid set of saw horses, and I'd say your design went one step further on the solid bit.

I also love the price, that is the kind of price everyone can appreciate!.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yann

Thanks for the link, cool design! And I was correct, you did do a great job on yours -- Stu's rework of your pic helps alot!

Jay

Saw Horses.

These are great! Its usually the first thing we make when we get to the job site. A few 2x4s and you have a decent cutting table. Also good for laying trim on for priming.

The only difference is we never put the top board on. Good Idea.

Another little tip.. Route a small dado in the center of the top 2x6, length ways and glue a strip about 2 inches high across it. This way when you are cutting you won't hit the nails/screws that hold the top piece on unless its glued already? or do like I always did and lay 2x4s across the two horses for plywood cutting.