The Rule of Threes

Ted Calver

Staff member
Sunday the slithery thing in the attic eluded two of us and disappeared into the insulation. Yesterday I lost a filling and spent an uncomfortable couple of hours at the dentist. Today I was cleaning the gutters, slipped off the ladder and landed on the deck railing, breaking two ribs and getting a little sample of how the professional bull riders must feel when they get stomped by big one. Hurts to breathe or move, but ....thank you Vicodin!!

Coming soon to a theatre near you...

'Snakes in the attic'
Based on a true story---
A disaster film that will knock your fillings out, with rib shattering scenes of gutter life & drug abuse that's 'off the rails'....

Critic review> not worth buying the DVD...the price of admission once, is more than enough!

Heal fast Ted :wave:

Ah the cost of "residual self-image". I have grown cautious in my older age. I have found that statements like "oh, I can do that" and "sure, no problem" are based on a residual image of myself at 30-something. :rofl: For example; I am in here typing this because I am taking a break halfway through the first phase of drilling out some dog-holes in a current oproject. Now if my dad who is 30 years older than me would just start listening to that little voice . . . . :D

Coming soon to a theatre near you...

'Snakes in the attic'
Based on a true story---
A disaster film that will knock your fillings out, with rib shattering scenes of gutter life & drug abuse that's 'off the rails'....

Critic review> not worth buying the DVD...the price of admission once, is more than enough!
Heal fast Ted :wave:

OWWW....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

last time I cleaned my gutters I sprained my ankle slightly.

that was it, I purchased covers for them, around 2 years ago, they never clog up anymore, and if I need too, I just take a broom and reach up and brush off any branches near the gutters.

Three is enough!

One would have been for me! A slithery thing anywhere in the house would have me living elsewhere until the house was burned to the ground and rebuilt!

So sorry Ted.

I have also started listening to that little voice as well Glenn. Best thing I ever purchased was an attachment for my leaf blower for cleaning out the gutters so I don't have to get on the roof. The wife actually prodded me into getting it a few years ago. Being the pragmatic person she is she pointed out it would be a lot cheaper than an ER visit or death!

Last edited:
Ouch, well, hope you get to feeling better, take it easy. I also hope the slivery critter in your attic finds his way out soon, however, he may have a food source up there he's been taking care of for you, so may not be a bad pet to have as long as he stays on his side of the ceiling.

Wifey wants me to clean the gutters... the trees that are growing in them are nearly 2 feet tall ... I only have a 6' ladder and I would rather have trees in the gutter than fall off that ladder.... I don't feel all that old, but sometimes my knees reminds me that I'm 73.

Ah the cost of "residual self-image". I have grown cautious in my older age. I have found that statements like "oh, I can do that" and "sure, no problem" are based on a residual image of myself at 30-something. :rofl: For example; I am in here typing this because I am taking a break halfway through the first phase of drilling out some dog-holes in a current project. Now if my dad who is 30 years older than me would just start listening to that little voice . . . . :D

You slipped that in very nicely Glenn. However, if I started watching TV and drinking beer, I would soon be an old man. Hey, I am only 9. Didn't school teach you that 0 is nothing?
I love you even though I seem to be like an ancient, rusty Mercedes Benz; parts just seem to keep going bad. You know how it is, a spark plug here, a tail pipe there, a water pump somewhere else---I just seems to add up. I WANT SUBTRACTIONS!

Enjoy,
JimB

I have cracked a rib in my back (falling off a ladder!) and I have had kidney stones, both very painful, maybe more so than childbirth. I can't speak to childbirth. Even with a house to build, I probably ought to heed to not getting on ladders.