The Rule of Threes

Thanks to all for the well wishes. Like most of life's boo boos, ya just gotta tough it out. Coughing and deep breathing ten times every waking hour are recommended to prevent pneumonia and or collapsed lung. I had no idea those complications could occur, but it figures recovery would involve self-inflicted pain. I once considered a second career in physical therapy, but couldn't be comfortable knowing that it would involve hurting folks to make them better.

So...does this mean you won't be at limbo class tonight with the rest of us? You'll be missed!

Heal quickly, buddy. :thumb:

Keep that deep breathing up. 5 second inhale...hold for 5 and blow out slow. Use a pillow on the busted side as a splint...really helps.

Ted,

Sorry to hear about the fall. But look at the bright side, it is the rule of 3's and you completed all of them successfully and you won't have to want for a fourth accident to come along.
Get well soon.

(You didn't damage the deck rail in the fall did you??)

Rob

OK, I was mistaken...it must be the rule of fives. Our AC unit quit $$$ on us yesterday (#4) and then (#5), on the way to dinner with friends, a lady pulled out of a 7-11 right in front of us. Had I not swerved, we would have nailed her drivers side door at 45 mph. Fortunately, we just got banged up and the lady was OK. Said she never saw us. She was cited for failure to yield, but that's no consolation. Our car is/was five years old and in pristine condition. Low mileage. Not even a door ding. Now we will have a Carfax record, which undoubtedly will affect resale.Pooey!:(
ACCIDENT 017.jpg

Ouch, glad you were able to avoid something worse. I've got to get the AC guy over this week as well, my unit seems to have a leak, going to try getting the connections re-done on both ends and a new schrader valve put in first, but the R22 isn't cheap to re-charge it.

As Darren said "ouch" Ted. Here i had convinced myself that running boards help protect the vehicle. Oh well....at least it was not a worse situation Ted.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ted sorry to g ear of you less fortunate plights.

Let me give you my take of the "Rule of 3's" as told to me by an old WW11 Friend who has passed. He watch my 3 sons grow for some time and at the dinner table one evening he chuckled and i asked whats so funny, he said looking at my 3 boys reminded him of his 3 sons growing up on the farm. "The definitive rule of 3's" You send a boy out to do a job and you have a boy, ascend 2 boys out to do a job and you have half a boy, you send three boys out to do a job you've got no boys!
Hope this brings a smile to ya Ted.

Last edited:
..."The definitive rule of 3's" You send a boy out to do a job and you have a boy, ascend 2 boys out to do a job and you have half a boy, you send three boys out to do a job you've got no boys!....

Dave, That got a big chuckle. It must have been common with our folks. I grew up in farm country and my friend's mom used to shake her finger at our little gang as we started out the door to do some chore and say..."it's simple math. One boy is a boy, two boys is half a boy and three boys is no boy at all....you make sure you get that job done!":D