Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 4/24/2015 Edition

It's Friday! 4/24/2015 Edition

Finally Friday! Looking forward to not doing much this weekend after the past couple of weeks. I do have to go walk for the Corporate Challenge tonight, hopefully the rain and hail will hold off for that. Other than that we've got some cleaning to get done. If I'm feeling ambitious we may start pulling up floor in our kitchen to put new down, but have a few other projects that need to be finished first around the house.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Physio and more physio lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers

Playing a quick 2-hour show tonight. Doing chores and such around the house on Saturday, and Sunday we'll be having an 85th birthday party for my dad.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Friday: I'm taking a quick break from mowing our lawn right now. Later, it will be lay out in a lunge chair and watch the wind blow.

Saturday: Figure out why the Arduino Uno card on my CNC quit communicating. USB connects and it shows in Device Manager but suddenly quit talking! Evening will be watching the Richmond race.

Sunday: Chill out - maybe some shop time since there's not a Sunday race. Prepare for the arrival of my oldest daughter and her fiance; they're flying into Atlanta late and should be at our home around midnight! Yay.....
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Got a lot of gardening to do. Need to move the Coop to its final destination, and fence in the chicken run.

Might play around with making a giant sundial if I get a little time.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Got a paying job completed today so tomorrow to the big box store and start on a smoker companion cabinet.
    David

Yesterday we went over to some friends house for cards... spent the afternoon at that, had a great meal of spare ribs, salad and baked mac&cheese...

Was going to till the garden today for LOML, so she can get her tomatoes in the ground, but it rained last night, so it's too wet to plow. guess I'll do a bit in the shop... first market is this coming Saturday, plus local Art Guild is holding an art show that I'll have a few pieces in... need to finish two pieces for that. Sometime today is the TN Orange and White game... spring football exhibition..

Sunday, more of the same... sure could use some football this weekend.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Of course, working this weekend, but also under the weather. Sure hope I feel a whole lot better tomorrow!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Late on Arbor day but friend sent me some Canaan for trees to plant. May end up with a jungle. Anyway got 11 planted. Tomatoes in strawed,
    tubed for irrigation. Now wait for the harvest.
    By the way those Canaan firs are from Christmas tree farm and make dandy Christmas trees, but LOML said no way for cutting decorate them in the yard.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Johnson View Post
    ...By the way those Canaan firs are from Christmas tree farm and make dandy Christmas trees, but LOML said no way for cutting decorate them in the yard.
    David
    Just hope the Xmas tree thieves don't come by while you're away, or sleeping. That happens here just about every year. Somebody loses a nice yard tree to the thieves.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!