diyCAM Heads-up

Bill Arnold

Staff member
After working with the trial version of diyCAM for a couple of weeks, I decided to purchase a license yesterday. I thought it would be worth the $50. Well, so much for that. Here's the email I got after my payment was processed:

"May 7, 2015

Bill,

Thanks for buying from diyCAM!

Your download link(s) are below, and any relevant license files will be sent shortly:

• diyCAM: Carve – v1.2 Just Released! – Standard License

• If the above link(s) do not work, try copy and pasting the following into your web browser:
http://www.diy-cam.com?download_key...rice_id=0&download=39&expire=MTQzMTA5MTYwOA==

If any of your purchases require a license key, it should be sent automatically within a few minutes . If you do not receive it, please double check your spam folder, and if still missing, email support@diy-cam.com"

I checked my spam folder, sent emails to support@diy-cam.com yesterday and again this morning. The links in the above email went to the website, but only downloaded the trial version again and again. Today, those links have expired. As of now, 25 hours later, I still have no response from support@diy-cam.com.

I'm a bit disappointed, but my credit card company and Paypal will take care of the issue, I'm sure.

Just thought you should know.

Many trial versions are converted with a license "key" to become licensed versions. Just a thought; this may be why you keep getting the "trial" version.

Matt tells me things have been sorted - I figured it was only right to post resolution here so future onlookers see that it got solve.

I guess his auto-license application had some problems and he's since switched it to use a different server so it should be more stable.