Anyone using the Grip-Tite 2000 Featherboard System?

Allen Bookout

I just got the Rockler on line 20% off one item and was looking at the Grip-Tite system. $150 minus 20% equals $120 plus shipping. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=11422

Then I looked at Amazon and same price, $120 with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Mesa-Vista-De...88-6300627?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1177684155&sr=8-2

I almost bought it from one of the two but then I got to thinking. Is this one of those things that looks really good but only collects dust after you get it? Anyone here have any experience with this product that could give some input?

Thanks! Allen

I'm just gonna lurk along here. I know some folks have these and will hopefully chime in. Having had them in my hands but never actually using them I have trouble seeing how you keep from damaging your material with the squared off steel springs. It seems they would have to ride perfectly along the surface to not leave marks.

I'm eager to hear how they've worked for folks in the long run. The ability to easily drop a featherboard right where I want it quickly and easily is very desirable.

I have one but I favor my Grr-rippers and my board buddues over using the Grip-Tite. I don't think I will ever use it at the table saw since I have those others now.

I have used the Grip-Tite at the bandsaw to help hold the wood against the fence when resawing.

Depending on the cut, the handle my interfere with the blade guard

I've got three of them. Had them, going on 4 years now. Use them for all sorts of things, not just featherboards, like holding things in place, working with jigs, etc. The magnets are incredibly strong. They are very fast when it comes to setting them up and you can change their position in a snap. They also make great hooks on the back of my bandsaw to hang things. Tyler I got the third one with the sole intention of cutting off the handle for those instances when the higher profile doesn't work