New truck arrived

Rob Keeble

Talked about and now the madams new truck is here.
Proof is in the pics. This baby is powerful more powerful than my Jeep V8 Hemi and its only 3.5 V6 of course with the turbos. ;)
Hit the gas pedal and u almost get whiplash.
Could do with better seats. This is only an XLT.

uploadfromtaptalk1431519936880.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1431519959772.jpg

Love the tow mirrors i think towing travel trailer will in future be a whole new story and way more pleasurable.
uploadfromtaptalk1431519988859.jpg

Already replaced supplied carpet mats with Husky custom fit ones both across front and full rear.
We also got aftermarket Linex installed in box. Thanks to family here input. Its great.
uploadfromtaptalk1431520304866.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431520315766.jpg

One other neat feature is the rear view camera although i do wish i had also added the bumper sensors i am used to on the Jeep.

uploadfromtaptalk1431520430708.jpg
As a techie i am not impressed with the lens on this camera it blurs the picture (plastic). Given what we already have on cameras on mobile phones they could have put a better lens in there. Its real cheap.

The feature is neat for lining up tow hitch though. Can hit it bang on every time now. When one gets close they have a magnify button that changes the view and looks straight down at hitch area.
Also has a grid line to guide you.

Have ordered running boards from a company in US and a bed cover that is easily removable. Three piece solid fold by Extang it does not have railings.

All in all so far we happy with it but its early days.

Oh and of course life would not be normal if one of the big software houses did not get in on the act so Ford has done some sort of deal with Microsoft for the Sync Os system for vehicles and its used for bluetooth coms to your phone down to loading your phonebook into the car and even checking txt messages. I would not be me if i were to say i was happy with this feature...NOT!!!
Do like the bluetooth ability to play own music without wires. My Jeep does not have that feature so tech in cars has moved on substantially since 2006. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
WOW! Nice looking truck, Rob. It took some getting used to, but that camera really helps. Easy to back into parking spaces now and the warning beeper when you get close to an object is nice.

Great looking truck! Same colour as my Ranger, btw. :)

RE: The camera...The one on my Subaru clouds up from road spray every time there's even a slight mist in the air. We keep a microfiber rag in the car so it can be wiped off frequently.

Thanks guys this is mommas ride though i just drive it occasionally.

Hey Steve i recall it as "Fixed or repaired daily" lol hope its not but thats why its my first ever short term lease. Going to give it back if it dont shape up warranty or no warranty.
But i think them Michiganders know how to build a truck by now. At least they did not need a helping hand to keep going in 2008 that says a lot to me. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nice truck Rob... I have a 2003 F150 Extend cab with the V6... love driving it. It actually belongs to my step son, but he's a long haul trucker and leaves the truck with me when he's on the road... I actually use it more than he does. Mine is white and has the sprayed in liner in the bed... Love my son's truck.

My 2000 F350 Diesel Dually is still running strong. The paint could use a little help at this point, and I never had my bed lined, but no rust and still doing good.

Rob, Do I remember you saying this was a lease? If so, how did you arrange to add the floorboards and bed liner? Is that permissible within the terms of the lease?