New truck arrived

Rob, Do I remember you saying this was a lease? If so, how did you arrange to add the floorboards and bed liner? Is that permissible within the terms of the lease?

Actually Ted here they will do it. I personally think they nuts with what they will do but i guess resale value on these trucks here is very good and high value.

As to running boards i purchased my own and paid for them and installed them yesterday. If we hand it back in two years i will take them off.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

You're gonna love it! As a thought...if you didn't get navigation, there are some excellent after market doodads. I have a GPS and backup camera in my rear view mirror that doubles as a Bluetooth that links to my phone. If it came with something...so much the better!

You're gonna love it! As a thought...if you didn't get navigation, there are some excellent after market doodads. I have a GPS and backup camera in my rear view mirror that doubles as a Bluetooth that links to my phone. If it came with something...so much the better!

My truck doesn't navigation either, but I don't really need one... I have LOML who tells me when to turn, when to stop and when the light turns green... I could be like the blind driver the cops stopped in Texas some years back... his 10 year old son sat in his lap and steered, he just operated the pedals....:D:D:D

I remember a friend of my Dad's who claimed he knew someone who had written to Ford suggesting they put a big eyebolt on the front, and a reinforced bumper on the back "because most of the time you're either towing it or pushing it!" I've never been a fan of Ford or Chrysler, but my Ranger was a steal! Everything's good but the gas mileage. :rolleyes:

I remember a friend of my Dad's who claimed he knew someone who had written to Ford suggesting they put a big eyebolt on the front, and a reinforced bumper on the back "because most of the time you're either towing it or pushing it!" I've never been a fan of Ford or Chrysler, but my Ranger was a steal! Everything's good but the gas mileage. :rolleyes:

I don't have it any more, but I picked up a Ford Ranger from a friend in Houston... I thought it was a steal too, until I had to put a new transmission in... but I used it for almost 10 years and my only complaint was the gas mileage... mine had a 4 banger in it, with 8 spark plugs... seems it fired on the intake and then again on the exhaust??? (In case you can't tell, I'm absolutely no mechanic)... but on a downhill run with a tail wind, I think I could get about 18-20 miles to the gallon...

What sort of mileage are you getting? Mine - 4X4, with the V6 - gets about 17 overall. Not all that great, eh?

Mine's also the 4x4 V6 and I get about the same mileage. It's a '97 with a 5-speed stick. Still running pretty strong (and real reliably) at about 250K miles.

Apparently in 13 years they still haven't figured out how to wring some extra mileage out of them, huh? :D

All that 4WD mechanicals constantly spinning takes its toll.

Getting back to Rob's new truck... That Line-X liner shouldn't cause the lessor any concern. It's quite an upgrade over those dealer-installed plastic tubs. They'll probably think the same about the running boards. Ford would charge and extra $700 for the running boards, but the aftermarket ones are less than half that, and generally, are nicer looking.

Off topic a bit: My neighbor has the Ford running boards on his F-150. The chrome flaked and the tubes rusted in less than two salt-encrusted Ohio's winters. He had them sandblasted and powder-coated.

Jim they actually do the Line X at factory. But dealer pointed out a factory version and the version the local Line X guys do and there is no comparison in the quality of job done. So we chose to have it done by local guys.

Also that running board price is before our 13% tax as well. I got mine from www.Autocustoms.ca
Named my own price after going to the US origion site www.runningboardwarehouse.com and taking US price for model i wanted, converted at exchange rate and said u got a deal at this price. Free shipping to my door in 3 days all included.
The ones i chose cost $430 Canadian plus tax and are a aluminum extrusion with plastic caps on end. Only pity is the steel mounting bracket.
Did get a chance to lie under this aluminum body truck and its pretty interesting both in how they have assembled it and technology employed. Looks a bit like a cross between aircraft and some military assembly. They have used some fancy type glue that looks like it expands like polyurethane and sandwiched two plates together with rivets.
Will try get a pic some time to show it.
Confirmed we got the big gas tank. They got it lengthways in the middle of the frame like a hotdog with the frame either side. No question one can see they used cad in layouts and design.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the aluminum on that truck. They shaved a bunch of weight off...that'll help explain some of the quickness. :thumb:

Apparently in 13 years they still haven't figured out how to wring some extra mileage out of them, huh? :D

You would think that all these MIT and high education engineers would figure something out... Back in 1966 I bought a 1964 Corvette with a 327 engine, a Holley AFB 4 barrel carb and I think a 3/4 race cam.. (when idling it sounded like it was loping instead of just purrring)...(it was rated as a 365 horse motor).. If I kept my foot out of it, I could get 16-18 miles per gallon... If I really got on it, I could pump gas almost as fast as the station pump...

I guess they have figured out a little my current truck is a 2003 F150 with the big V8 Triton engine... I get 17 miles out of it.

I personally like Ford trucks a lot. And yes Steve, I remember the FORD jokes. But, when I think of a pickup truck I think of Ford first and Dodge second. I would not ever buy anything GMC. Car or truck.

I personally like Ford trucks a lot. And yes Steve, I remember the FORD jokes. But, when I think of a pickup truck I think of Ford first and Dodge second. I would not ever buy anything GMC. Car or truck.

I like my Ford truck, and I love the sound of a big old Dodge as it goes by... I'm not that big on the Ford Autos though... my very first car was a '59 Impala... really a sweet car. It had the big 348 engine in it and the airforce airman that had it before me put a Herscht conversion in it ... from an automatic to a 3 speed on the floor... it was a 2 door, red and white, with red interior, an okie rake on it with fender skirts when I first got it... they disappeared soon afterwards, but I enjoyed that car. I got as much on trade in when I traded it for the '64 corvette as I paid when I first bought it. With that okie rake on it, at about 85-90 the rear end floated with those wings out there, but as long as I kept it under 85, she ran all day long... biggest problem I had was I don't think the airman changed the rear end and it had a tough time starting up those hills in San Francisco... I bet I rolled back into cars behind me a dozen times driving in the city.

Hey Steve i recall it as "Fixed or repaired daily"

There's one for every maker. We used to refer to my buddies Dodge as MOPAR; "Mostly Outdated Parts Arranged Ridiculously". Beautiful truck Rob. I'm sure you'll enjoy it the few times momma lets you behind the wheel.