Unfinished Chairs, Finished.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Really impressed with the target coatings.

The advice from Dave to add a little vintage maple was spot on. Just enough color to make the parawood look warm, without overpowering. Works very well with the maple cabinets in the kitchen.

2 coats EM1000 with 8 drops of Transtint Vintage maple per 8oz.
5 coats EM8000cv.

chairs.jpg

Nice finish job. Those dimples for the back side may be too small for my tush, but most are. ;)

Logan looks confused, like "there should be some table scraps around there somewhere, I just know it!"

They sure came out looking nice. How long did you have to wait between coats?

The instructions say to wait a minimum of 1 hour, so what I would do would be to spray one side, wait an hour, flip it and do the other side.

Pretty much just set a timer and would go out once an hour and do a flip and a spray.

Now I'll wait a week or so and then see if I want to rub them out.

The first two I did a couple weeks ago seem to have lost some of the sheen, or perhaps my technique changed a bit between batches. I'll wait a while and see if there's any rework that I might want to do.

Nice finish job. Those dimples for the back side may be too small for my tush, but most are. ;)

Logan looks confused, like "there should be some table scraps around there somewhere, I just know it!"

Logan is ALWAYS on the lookout for something edible!

It was Darren's idea to arrange them that way...

All my other projects, except for the typical spring tasks are out of the way now and guess what I'm working on this weekend...

LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl: table??? Who needs a table with great chairs like those:)

Hah!

To be clear, these are just premade chairs made out of 'parawood' from Vietnam. We liked the style and the wood was light enough colored that they should match the kitchen cabinets and the as yet unfinished project that will not be named... :rofl:

Great looking set of chairs, Brent! :thumb::thumb:

I bring up making a dining table and chairs to Bobbie occasionally. What we have is store-bought red oak, which goes with the red oak china cabinet that sits near it. She reminds me that I'd need to make a new china cabinet if I made a cherry table and chairs. We're still talking about it..........