Thread: 11 1/2" Bodark Serving Bowl

11 1/2" Bodark Serving Bowl

Did this one up today. The usual cracks in the wood I sealed with super glue rubbing in natural dust from the turning. You can still feel the cracks but you cannot feel them. It's 11 1/2" in diameter with a height of 2 3/4" and depth of 1 3/4". Has a heavy enough of a base to insure it does not tip over. Would be embarrassing to have the bowl tip over and spill your goodies out. I guess maybe I am a bit different but when I finished this bowl I visualized it full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It took everything I had in me to not go to the store and buy a bag and use them in the photos. If I did that, I know danged good and well what would happen to them after I took the photos. Back to the subject of the bowl. I sealed the wood with my usual walnut oil and then finished it with shine juice. Hope you all like it. If not, thanks for looking anyway.

Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others. Orson Welles

Anytime spent learning something, no matter how trivial it seems, is not a waste of time.

I like the edge of the rim shape on this one a lot, nice work Dave! You've really been knocking them out lately

Great looking bowl... need to get my hands on some more Bodark... last I had was from my stepfather's cow lot about 10 years ago.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Although I'm not sure about the foot...great looking bowl Dave. Rim treatment is really cool!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Thanks, everybody. Glad you liked it. Out of curiosity Jim, what is it about the base you are not sure about. Pretty much like I usually do. Let me know. I am always interested in learning from others.
    Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others. Orson Welles

Anytime spent learning something, no matter how trivial it seems, is not a waste of time.

Another nice one, Dave.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks, Vaughn!