11 1/2" Bodark Serving Bowl

Dave Hoskins

Did this one up today. The usual cracks in the wood I sealed with super glue rubbing in natural dust from the turning. You can still feel the cracks but you cannot feel them. It's 11 1/2" in diameter with a height of 2 3/4" and depth of 1 3/4". Has a heavy enough of a base to insure it does not tip over. Would be embarrassing to have the bowl tip over and spill your goodies out. I guess maybe I am a bit different but when I finished this bowl I visualized it full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It took everything I had in me to not go to the store and buy a bag and use them in the photos. If I did that, I know danged good and well what would happen to them after I took the photos. Back to the subject of the bowl. I sealed the wood with my usual walnut oil and then finished it with shine juice. Hope you all like it. If not, thanks for looking anyway.

Thanks, everybody. Glad you liked it. Out of curiosity Jim, what is it about the base you are not sure about. Pretty much like I usually do. Let me know. I am always interested in learning from others.