I give! Pic resizing help needed

Like I said earlier, I'm having troubles with my new computer.

My old pc was running Windows 2000 and I had Kodak software installed. It made life easy for resizing my pictures and posting pics on forums like this where the max size allowed is 640 x 640.

The new pc is running XP and I'm loading my picture to My Pictures file and I can't find anyway to resize my pics smaller. The setting on my camera is on "economy" which takes the pics to around 760 x 760.

Any ideas?

George, did you see/read Vaughn's tutorial on pic resizing over on SMC? I believe it was the be all, end all for pic resizing trouble. A bunch of folks were very appreciative for it. Maybe do a search for it.

hth

George, did you see/read Vaughn's tutorial on pic resizing over on SMC? I believe it was the be all, end all for pic resizing trouble. A bunch of folks were very appreciative for it. Maybe do a search for it.

hth
Well, the powers that be removed the tutorial post on SMC, but here are the links to the write-up on my website. (Despite nearly a year of my offering it, SMC never did get a copy of the tutorial for their article archive.)

Web version here

George, aside from what I wrote in the tutorial, the pic resizing software I prefer (and use pretty much daily) is Irfanview. Free, easy, and very effective.