Friday? Already???

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Well, I'm celebrating success creating 3d gcode for my cnc using SketchUp and SketchUcam. Yay! I might just sit back and have a few cold ones the rest of the day!

Saturday will be more shop time getting more serious about some cleanup and a couple of cnc projects.

Sunday will start with brunch, as usual, then just chill out until the Coke 600 race in the evening.

Well, Gotta tune up my jointer and planer, put netting over the chicken run, repair the garden irrigation. Should be a very busy weekend.

Enjoy the success and cold ones Bill! :beer:

We are going to my niece's dance recital tonight...tomorrow shop time in the morning and then lunch at a friends house so the kids can play and the adults can catch up over a few cold ones. Dinner out with my parent's, sister and her family and mine Saturday night to celebrate my dad's 71st birthday!! Sunday will be more shop time and setting up my show tent/display to make sure I have it figured out and that have enough stuff for a show I have on the 30th. Probably a BBQ at SIL's house in the evening if the rain holds off...Monday will be rest and relax time along with yard work.

Happy to hear about the success. Hope you enjoy the cold ones. I'm a teetotaler so I'll hoist a cold Dr. Pepper to you! I was trying to get some work done this morning and got run out by lightning again. Again!!! Oh, well. It looks like we have finally broke the drought here in North Texas. So, I'm not complaining. Just way behind on the work is all.

Looks like we're in for more rain this weekend. So probably lots of inside stuff. Need to take the Jeep for an oil change. Have family in town, will be having a get together sometime with them. Also, have to start getting things prepped to replace the HVAC system. Had it checked out the other day had confirmed leaks in just about every component. Considering it's original (30 years old) it's done it's time, but not looking forward to the cost. Bids are $8K up to about $10k, but having some ducts added, repaired, and replaced which added about $3K.

Bill, that's good news on the 3d gcode, looking forward to seeing what you carve out.

Working this weekend, then laundry to pack for most of another week out of town for a conference. Its amazing how many hours are required for a 20-25 hour per week part-time job!

In between, dinking around with a new software program to draw house plans.

Working on a dozen cheese cutting boards for an order. Like to make then end grain and side grain. Don't make much money but it keeps me busy
and out if the wife's hair. A little NASCAR for entertainment (go Jimmie).

Three beer brew day tomorrow. Battle of the bands tonight (and I'd bet six bucks no one has heard of any of them who lives more than an hour away). Might try to finish up a side table and maybe build some bin storage for the "office"/pantry room so I can get the floor half clear there. If (BIG IF) I get through that alive there's a bunch of bowls need returning and some scoops that could use a little love. Then there's the honey do's, they ain't getting done :)

Three beer brew day tomorrow. Battle of the bands tonight (and I'd bet six bucks no one has heard of any of them who lives more than an hour away). Might try to finish up a side table and maybe build some bin storage for the "office"/pantry room so I can get the floor half clear there. If (BIG IF) I get through that alive there's a bunch of bowls need returning and some scoops that could use a little love. Then there's the honey do's, they ain't getting done :)

Now that's a fun couple of days. We're going to see a band in Tahoe Sunday I bet nobody here has heard of, lol.

No big plans for the weekend here. Heading out tonight to go see a friend's band (the one I've subbed for in the past). Tomorrow is Range Day for the tactical shooting club I'm a member of. I'll be breaking in a couple of new pistols that my dad has bought recently and decided he didn't want. (I have a great dad, by the way.) Monday will probably be spent just doing chores around the house. May throw some type of meat on the grill, but nothing specific planned. ;)