Smokin Grill

Hillbilly style aka poormans paradise...

Dry stacked cinder blocks coated with Quikrete's 'QuikWall" {cement & fiberglass mix}. Old aluminum crawl space access cover as a lid. 3" exhaust pipe for smoke flow....still need to have a grate made up and rig up a better firebox door...couple more 'seasoning' fires and it should be ready to go...
24" x 40" grate area should be large enough for the two of us :D and I have no idea what kind of deco that sun/wheel would be classified as, but LOML put it there and she's giddy about it, so it stays for now...

DSCF0659.jpgDSCF0660.jpgDSCF0661.jpgDSCF0667.jpgDSCF0669.jpg

Very cool Ken. Back in SA we used to all build brick and mortar BBQ places. Never knew of the gas grill like we get in North America with the lid until i came over here to visit someone while on a business trip. Only thing is we never put lids on. But for smoking i can see it working well.

Will last longer than any bought BBQ and hey you get to use charcoal which well what can we say is the best for taste anyday. :thumb: Ok now your job aint finished get some more block and move on making a pizza oven. ;)