Swineapple

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So I decided to tackle making a Swineapple today. Sharon was so into it she ordered some 'Tennessee Whiskey' rub and swineapple glaze. Who am I to argue

So here's the basic ingredients. 1 pineapple (I'd recommend getting the biggest you can find), a couple pounds of boneless country style ribs, Some thick sliced bacon, and some rub and some glaze.

20150523-IMG_1545.jpg

Peel the pineapple. I slice the skin off as close as possible, then go around diagonally getting out the little pits. Leave the top and bottom on
20150523-IMG_1552.jpg

Hollow out the pineapple as best as you can. I have to admit, it's a little tedious, but very doable. I tried to get as much out as I could so that the pineapple would just barely maintain structural integrity.
20150523-IMG_1555.jpg

Stuff it with some ribs that you've seasoned with your rub. I'll admit, I did not get as much in there as I had hoped.
20150523-IMG_1556.jpg

Put the top back on and wrap it in bacon, of course. I just placed the 'extra' ribs around it on some foil. The foil already has some holes in it, and I've got a pan underneath to catch the juices.
20150523-IMG_1560.jpg

Now I'm going to go put it in the smoker at 225 degrees for several hours until the ribs hit temp. I've read anything on the temp from 160 to 190, but I think I'm going to go for 180.

I'll probably also mist it with apple juice every hour or so.

More pics to follow later.

I guess one could use something like chunks of pork butt in place of boneless ribs, another thing i aint seen in our stores or our Costco. :thud:Linda loves pineapple so this could be a nice one to try for summer. Thanks Brent for the idea and recipe. My mouth is watering as i type and its supper time here thank goodness.:thumb:

This sort of pics should be banned in the COC rules! Now I'm feeling hungry, my mouth is watering on my keyboard, and I look like homer Simpson looking a them. Brent treating your ww family in such a way is like putting the carrot, (I mean the pineapple) in front of the donkey ; and good friends don't do that!!;):):D unless they are sitting at your table that day!

Maybe I should start posting some pics of spanish dishes in vengeance! :rofl:

I will attest that it was very delicious. One change we decided on was that the Swineapple sauce should have been added to the inside instead of using it as a dipping sauce on the outside.

Toni...I'd love you to post, but only if you include instructions along with it because I'm sure I'm going to want Brent to make it.