Thread: Yonica Rquter Bits

Yonica Rquter Bits

Those of us who live on a fixed income probably have noticed that router bit prices have gone the way of food prices, that is out of sight. Then I read about Yonica bits whose prices are way below the Whiteside, Freud etc bits. My question is has anybody had any experience with Yonica bits? I'm just a hobbyist, no commercial work done here.

The MLCS bits are still pretty reasonable (< $45 for a good 15 piece set), and are a fairly well proven commodity as inexpensive bits go. Considering the speeds that bits spin at, and the fact that I've seen a piece of carbide come off a cheap bit and embed itself in a well, I don't recommend messing with the lowest cost supplier for router bits. Grizzly sometimes has some good sale prices on their purple line. I'd like into those two first.
    Got Wood?

DSM, IA
    I've got a couple of them...they've worked great with the limited use I've given them.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Austin, Texas
    I have had consistently good luck with Woodline as inexpensive bits. In fact, for several years they were the provider of Freud 1/4 inch solid carbide cutters, at about half the price. They don't last as long as Whiteside, which I still buy for a few heavily used bits, but they are great for normal use.
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I just Googled "yonica router bits" and found quite a few reviews and customer comments.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Thomasville, GA
    +1 for MLCS router bits.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

I got a Yonica Bullnose bit from Amazon. I was not expecting much from the price. It has turned out to be quite durable. I have cut a bunch of hard maple with it and it is still quite sharp. Well balanced also.