Another Hackberry Bowl

Dave Hoskins

I like the way this bowl turned out. After I had it roughed out, I had to give it a DNA bath and then stick it in the kiln for two days to get the rainwater dried out of it. I guess my logs are getting waterlogged out there we are having so much rain. But, I am not going to complain about the rain seeing it has finally busted our drought. The bowl is more smooth on the surfaces than the photos seem to depict. As usual the wood was sealed with two coats of walnut oil. While spinning it received around 4 coats of a walnut oil/shellac mixture. Then it was buffed. I just like the natural colors and the spaulting that hackberry exhibits. The bowl is 11 1/2" in diameter, 4 3/4" high, and 4" deep. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Hi Ted! This happens to me on the photos periodically. Don't know why, either. I do the same thing every time. Oh, well. At least they are showing up now. Let me see if I can get rid of that link.

That's some pretty stuff, Dave. :thumb:

That extra link is in your signature line. You can go into the User Control Panel (User CP) to remove or edit it.