should have stayed in bed

Started out with what was supposed to be an easy day. had to haul 5 loads of stone to a guys driveway and call it a day. Figured I would be done by two. NOT. Get there with the first load and the homeowner isn't there, the excavator is broke down halfway on the driveway right at the biggest mud hole of course. Backd around it as far as I could and dumped. Got on his 650 JD dozer and made a new section of driveway. Coming back with the second load I meet a big 4 wheel drive farm tractor. Narrow county road, 15 ton of stone on board. I moved over just a bit too much. Edge of the road gave way and in the ditch I went. :mad: :bang: :bang: Two wreckers and three hours later back on the road, Of course now I have a bent up mirror and an exhaust stack that leans backwards. Oh well at least I didn't get any tickets. Helps when the Deputy went to school with the wrecker operator and he happens to be a friend :D :D

Attachments

• 04-27-07_1015.jpg
    04-27-07_1015.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 04-27-07_1014.jpg
    04-27-07_1014.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
Well Robert, at least it didn't go on over on it's side,:thumb: and it probably wasn't nearly as big a surprise to you as an incident I saw at a Rest Area on I-20 one night on a run from Cal to S.C..

The rest area was on the W. bound side in La. not far from Ms. and it had been raining for a few days but had stopped. The Rest area was always completely full at night and always had trucks parked well past the widened parking shoulder of the entry, so this night a driver pulled in and parked his loaded tanker and hit the sack. Unfortunately his left Trailer wheels were on the "Black Dirt shoulder" just past the pavement, and after about 30 or 45 min while he was sleeping, the left trailer tires sunk in the shoulder and it rolled the trailer and tractor upside down on it's top in the ditch between the Rest area and the Interstate.:eek: What a RUDE Awakening it must have been for that driver. I envisioned his explanation to his boss as; I don't know what happened:huh: was peacefully minding my own business, sleeping, when I was suddenly thrown.............

Glad your "Incident" wasn't any worse, and no injuries.

Bummer...but like Norman said, at least it stayed sunny side up, and you weren't hurt.

I saw a loaded cement mixer truck get a little too close to the edge of a big footing excavation in sandy soils once. The driver wasn't hurt (luckily), but the truck was totaled. That was a tough one to get out of the hole, too.

Yes thankfully it stayed dirty side down. The tree helped that. Of course the tree also did in the stack and the mirror :dunno:

Of course getting myself separated from the seat was a bit of chore once we stopped. :D

Real bummer.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you ;)