It started out to be a natural edge bowl, but the bark and a fair amount of sapwood got torn away, but finally I got an outside I could live with, turned it around and holowed it out without breaking anything. It has a bit of an ogee at the bottom, because I had a couple of real nasty catches to work round, but I am actually happy with this first result.
I used only my bowl gouge, and radius scraper, I think. Oh, and the parting tool. You should have seen me cutting off the top of the bowl and losing the natural edge. I had to resharpen the parting tool. This is maple, with a little spalting. I have no idea wwhere it came from.