All you members that live in California ....wash your hands Public Service Notice :)

Rob Keeble

After using your Lie Nielson spoke shaves would not want you getting ill or something. Who knew woodworking tools could be so hazardous in California. Rest of us it don't matter we all gonna die anyhow :rofl:

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/1-sp-boggs-c-boggs-spokeshaves

See bottom of use section , just had to laugh .
[h=3]Proposition 65 Notice:[/h]Bronze and brass alloys contain lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

"[h=3]Proposition 65 Notice:[/h]Bronze and brass alloys contain lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling."

That's why it's called the land of fruits and nuts.

Everything causes cancer in CA, you'll see the notice at the entrance to public buildings, etc.. etc.. If I was selling something in CA I'd add the label just on principal in just case something I didn't know about was in there somehow.

The "list": http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/P65single051115.pdf from http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/Newlist.html

I have no idea what most of those even are, certainly wouldn't want to try and certify that none of them were in .. pretty much anything.

A short list of the ones I can pronounce...
Asprin, hope you didn't use any black willow in your project?
Bromate, was your wood treated to prevent insect damage? Do you know this for sure?
Carbaryl, see Bromate
Leather dust, huh! that's a new one. All leather? dunno?
Nickel, pretty much all nickel and nickel compounds... no nickel plated hardware for you!
Safrole, widely disproved but kept on there because reasons (DEA).
Salted fish, Chinese style (presumably nitrates? Not sure?)
Soots, tars, and mineral oils, yep no mineral oils
<quitting here>

Everything causes cancer in CA, you'll see the notice at the entrance to public buildings, etc.. etc..

I'm sorry, you will have to remove the second period after your first "etc"; the state of California has determined that it has a 1 in 100,000 chance of causing cancer over a 70 year period or birth defects, the emergence of a third eye, loss of brain tissue leading to the desire to move to where there is weather or other reproductive harm :D. Yes, good ole Prop 65 takes care of all sorts of things, makes wood finishing products hard to obtain and creates a general feeling of apathy towards any such warnings.

I'm sorry, you will have to remove the second period after your first "etc"; the state of California has determined that it has a 1 in 100,000 chance of causing cancer over a 70 year period or birth defects, the emergence of a third eye, loss of brain tissue leading to the desire to move to where there is weather or other reproductive harm :D. Yes, good ole Prop 65 takes care of all sorts of things, makes wood finishing products hard to obtain and creates a general feeling of apathy towards any such warnings.

This statement not to be re-distributed in California or other places where it is know to cause visible twitching, etc.. :rofl: