Time for some Rock n Roll

Love those guys. I saw them back in the Tres Hombres days; Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers. I knew LOML was a keeper when she surprised me on my birthday with concert tickets to ZZ Top / Ted Nugent / Kenny Wayne Shepherd show a decade or so ago. I realized Billy was more than what he appears when I saw him on a televised interview. He sat on a stool with an acoustic and did some of the most amazing guitar work I'd seen to date. I think this is when I learned that many of our "rock stars" are more than they may appear ;-)

Last edited:
...I realized Billy was more than what he appears when I saw him on a televised interview. He sat on a stool with an acoustic and did some of the most amazing guitar work I'd seen to date. I think this is when I learned that many of our "rock stars" are more than they may appear ;-)

Mikey Wright, one of my ABQ friends (who's living in LA now) is good buddies with Billy...Mikey has built a few of Billy's guitars and found him a few vintage Les Pauls, too. From what Mikey says, Billy's a hoot to hang around with. He's a walking encyclopedia of vintage guitar knowledge, much like Mikey (whose own guitar collection is starting to approach 7 figures in value).

Brought back memories for sure...right after boot camp while going to Class "A" school in Great Lakes Ill. in 1975 we went to the Mecca in Wisconsin to see ZZ Top concert and this new british group called Queen...yea that's right Queen was the openning act for ZZ Top...great concert. What made it more memorable, was we had the nose bleed seats, but there was such an uprising out side of the doors to get in, police used tear gas to disperse and settle down the crown...we just got out boot camp like the month before, we had already been through tears gas chamber, smoke chamber..etc...so while every one around us was flopping around acting like they were dying, we were just standing there outside the door laughing and smoking our cigerrettes..guy at the door was very impressed, let us in and gave us front row seats...lol...ZZ had live brauma bulls on stage and turned loose two live buzzerds half way threw their set, they were flying around, people were throwing things at them...lmao..just crazy, but great....brings back memories for sure, and I agree they look the same