My turn

Thanks again everyone and special thanks to those who've shared like experiences, helps the 'all alone feelings' disappear.

I don't know if it's sad English speaking skills, or back-room degrees or just my running on empty, but, there never was a kidney issue, it was a liver one. All's clear either way thank God. They did find a spot on her pancreas, but not to fret, we're to set up another look-see in a year or so to see if it's up to anything evil.

As to the heart valve, the mitral{sp.?} valve has to be replaced, possibly Wed. morning...so more fun & time decorating her room :rolleyes:

More as I get it...sure miss those 20 something years...5 or 6 hr's of sleep over 4 days was a piece of cake back then...Once again thanks for the boost!!!

Thanks again everyone and special thanks to those who've shared like experiences, helps the 'all alone feelings' disappear.

I don't know if it's sad English speaking skills, or back-room degrees or just my running on empty, but, there never was a kidney issue, it was a liver one. All's clear either way thank God. They did find a spot on her pancreas, but not to fret, we're to set up another look-see in a year or so to see if it's up to anything evil.

As to the heart valve, the mitral{sp.?} valve has to be replaced, possibly Wed. morning...so more fun & time decorating her room :rolleyes:

More as I get it...sure miss those 20 something years...5 or 6 hr's of sleep over 4 days was a piece of cake back then...Once again thanks for the boost!!!

Ken,
Dianne had her Mitral Valve replaced last April 2014... other than the worry sitting in the waiting room for 4-5 hours, it was a breeze. I was fortunate that both my sons (mine and Dianne's) were there along with some close friends, so didn't have too much time to fret. She came through with flying colors as will your lady. Biggest shock I got was when I went to her room after she was back in ICU/recover, was how cold she was... I don't know how doctors can work in sub-zero weather but they must. She was up and around the next day, then home in 10 days.
She had to wear a harness for me to pull her up and onto her feet so she wouldn't strain the incision when she got up, but that was easy compared to the waiting... it's been just over a year and she's going great. She is having to fight her weight some, she swears that she got DNA from the pig valve they put in. :rofl::rofl:

Her only problem now is that with the infection, the doctor said it ate away a couple of the discs in her lower back and two of the vertebrae have fused so she's having excruciating back aches now... she can stand for about 15-20 minutes and then she has to get off her feet. Dr. said surgery won't help.

........ She is having to fight her weight some, she swears that she got DNA from the pig valve they put in. :rofl::rofl:.........

:rofl: I'll have to mention that to mine this afternoon when I go back, as that is the choice she took as well:rofl:
10 days of recovery in the hospital to my wife, will probably end with a homicide or two :rofl:, Me? I release my tensions with road rage running back and forth {jk} :D

Thanks Chuck and again to all...it's means a lot! :thumb::wave: