Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 6/5/2015 Edition

It's Friday! 6/5/2015 Edition

Well, it's come around again, looks like rain off an on again for the next week for us, but at least the temps are going up, might be able to start using the pool finally. I've got some new reloading toys to mess with this weekend, so hoping to hang some shelves and build out some fixtures to put some of my dies and supplies on. Will probably go order my tankless water heater this weekend and start preparing for it's install. Need to clean up the garage a little and get things back in order out there.

What's everyone else got going on?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Which brand of water heater are you going for? I am in a waiting pattern (again!) with the house. So this weekend is work as usual and a bit of clean up around here. Been gone half the month so I am behind. Good thing I am not a clean freak. But there is a limit.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    Which brand of water heater are you going for?
    Ordering this one... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rheem-Eco...-203404940-_-N

Our gas company has a $200 rebate that will be credited for qualifying products, which it is. From what I was reading, you should allocate at least 3 gpm to each bath, we only have two and rarely do both run at the same time, so 8.4 gpm should suffice.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Family movie night at home tonight...not sure what we will be watching. The wife and the girl picked something out today. Tomorrow I have another show so that will be most of the day...the wife is going to be with me at the show this time around. Might have something to do with the fact a beer garden, with all the local brews being offered, will be about 15ft away. Sunday will be yard work if and some shop clean up....no shows until this fall so I need to get cracking on some house projects!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

No shop time until maybe late Sunday after we get back home.

We've been in Texas for a few days and attended my granddaughter's HS graduation. There were 750 in her class, so the program took a while but it was worth it to be here for her!

Saturday morning, we'll get an early start from our friend's home, drop by to pick up my granddaughter and head back home with a stop in Baton Rouge overnight.

We should be home by mid-afternoon Sunday, then the Summer fun begins! It's gonna be interesting having a 19 year old with us all Summer!!!

On a rather somber note, our friends are dealing with a more serious situation than we had been led to believe. She has her problems but his cancer is the major factor. According to what she knows from the doctors, he might not last through December. This might be the last time we see him, unfortunately. Positive thoughts and good vibes for Sam will be appreciated.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Going to help unload a 10bbl brewery tonight probably if it gets here on time.

No its not mine, but I am loaning out some rigging equipment to help and I did help the fellow who's doing it make his very first batch of beer two years ago so I feel somewhat involved (besides it might be the first local brewery actually in my town instead of just really close so it seems like a good idea to be on his good side ).

Likely more cleanup over the rest of the weekend, but that might involve using some fresh wood to make a storage unit so.. yaah!?

I finally got what Ive been waiting for for a long time.
    Not grandchildren, but the closest thing to it.
    My nephew had a new girl last month, I was in the hospital when she was born, I held her 2 hours after she was born, incredible to me, since when I had kids, no one except the parents were allowed to handle the baby in the hospital.
    My build list in the past month skyrocketed.
    She has an older brother, 9, who lives with my nephew, and he is also what Ive been waiting for, already diaper trained, can tie his own shoes, and I can have fun with him.
    Not this weekend, but I planned some exciting stuff for me and him, man, I miss having young children.Im going to spoil them rotten, don't care what anyone says, its a privilege of getting old.
    this weekend, Im continuing the build of a bookcase/cabinet for his lego collection. I will work on it as much as possible tomorrow, and sunday, possibly go visit them sunday, as the joy I get from holding the baby is indescribable.Total joy.Its hard to give her back.

The cabinet is maple plywood, (got it real cheap), and Im using cherry face frame and cherry ply/solid frame on sides to make it look nicer.I had to tweak the mommies measurements to get in on the plywood I had in stock, and I ran into a problem, the cherry ply I had was only 64 inches long, so I had to increase the width of the rails to make sure the panels were small enough for the cherry ply I had in house.

Just started yesterday, making good progress.

heres a pic of where Im at with cabinet, and ofcourse, the most beautiful princess on earth. Isabelle.(about 2 weeks old in that picture)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   isabelle 024.jpg  
    Human Test Dummy

Cleaning up the shop to try and make room to make something Will probably go down to the waterfront to see the replica of Lafayette's Hermione that arrived yesterday. Very impressive looking.
    http://www.yorkcounty.gov/hermioneyorktown/Home.aspx

Nice work on the shelving Allen, also can see the attraction to the little bug, she looks sweet. My kids were 4 & 8 when I met their mom, so having the grandson around from the time he's been born has been an amazing experience. Every day, seeing the little things that makes his eyes light up when he learns something new. Seeing the thoughts in his eyes when he's thinking about doing something. He's been climbing for the last few weeks, this week was the first he's learned the tricks to getting down from everything, simply fearless (of course papa is there to catch him too).
    Darren

Finish my machine cabinet upgrade - nothing really fancy mind you.

Try to fine adjust my new CNC pendant - fine control sucks.

Do a bit of programming on the Tattoo sign. I don't have approval from the city historic district yet. Customer said GO.

I also have another request for a humming bird.

I got a request for a quickie sign for an Assisted Living Home but no official word yet.

I need to do a bit of cleanup in the shop.