Dead On, Totally Repeatable TS Sled

P1010918.JPG P1010919.JPG P1010922.JPGP1010923.JPG P1010925.JPG P1010926.JPG

Construction:

* 1/2” ply base
* 1/4” ply top
* 1 1/4” poplar fences
* Incra T-track and T-track plus
* Incra precision racks and tape measure (have to add a right to left one and the final extension one on the right); allows for totally accurate and repeatable stop settings to 1/32”.
* T-bolts and over sized holes to allow for fence adjustment with adjusting bolt (far right in second pic)
* replaceable zero clearance inserts
* walnut and MDF flip up stop block with 5/16” plastic bolts for clamping
* two coats of poly on the bottom, then fully waxed
* delrin miter bars, no slop, no seasonal movement
* 36” long and will crosscut boards up to 18” wide

Used the 5-cut method to adjust the fence and am .001” to .002” off in 15”. I’ll call this Dead On.

Thanks for looking.

Very well built. Looks really nice.

The only suggestion I might have would be to put a guard of some sort where the blade comes through the fence.

Really like the stop and the replaceable inserts.

Brent ... yep, the guard is in place: P1010920.JPG P1010919.JPG

Ryan ... the miter (angle cut) fences are coming soon.

Slots in base are for T-bolt secured clamps and function well: P1010922.JPG

And a tease for what is up next: the Incra racks for positioning the stop block make this very doable and repeatable
P1010924.JPG P1010923.JPG
Think "outside the box" but more on this when the project gets started.

Thanks to all for looking.

Great combination of all the best features Robert. Replaceable inserts are a must IMHO, my next sled will have the adjusting bolt as well. I implicitly trust my sleds and the confidence to make dead-on square cuts really speeds things along and avoids unforeseen boo-boos.

So in use do you mostly just remove one side of the angle fixture?

The opposing side doesn't seem that it would be all that useful as a stop since its off by a a blade width and it seems like it would be in the way unless the board was cut pretty spot on close.

I'm thinking if you cut a piece of scrap that just fit in the kerf you could use an angle finder between it and the angle fence and dial that in quite easily.. hmm..

Your hold downs and stops are quite nicely done! :thumb:

Ryan, not exactly sure how I will use the angle fences. But since I was making them, made two as they were easy to throw together.

A man after my own heart. I have a short list of jigs, fixtures and fixes I keep around the shop. When I get a break between projects I make several of them even if I won't use them right away. Adding features to a jig is the same concept. The fences will be useful for many things and two will be more useful than one ;-) I also make batches of inserts for my sleds; "if I am setting up for one, I may as well make six" is my motto.