I turned two of the today, and that they are so similar I'll only post one. Any of the usual minor cracking was sealed with good ol' superglue. This was turned end grain so I could have the upper edge that I wanted. I've already had several inquiries so I don't think they will last very long, which will in turn make me turn more of them. I carried the outside sweep pretty much to the lip edge though it probably doesn't look like it because of all the gaps the wood has. But, I do love the rustic look of it. The bowl has an average diameter of 12 1/2" with a height of 4 1/2" and a depth of 3". It's a little thicker on the bottom but it's quite acceptable. A little bit of extra weight on the butt of the bowl never hurt anybody that I know of. I first sealed the wood with walnut oil, which as the wood is so dry it soaked in 3 coats before I could do anything else. Then I got several coats of a walnut oil/shellac mixture while spinning, so I can't really say for sure how many coats it got. Probably 5. Maybe less. I just go until the finish starts feeling kinda tacky and makes the brush drag. Thanks for looking.