old pipe

Frank Fusco

Years ago I had a large collection of smoking pipes which I gave to a friend for his much larger collection. Among those I gave him (I thought) was a pipe that belonged to my grandfather. Friend died last year and his collection went to parts unknown. I regretted loss of that pipe. But, yesterday, I was digging through cartons of 'stuff' we have in our garage and....lo....and....behold.....was Grandpa's pipe. :D I must have held on to it for sentimental reasons. I used to smoke it but gave up the habit over 30 years ago. Now, it rest on display with some of my other things until I go.
Grandpa Carr pipe.jpg

That's great Frank !!
I'm a sentimental fool. I save so many things that belonged to my parents and grandparents. I have special birthday cards given to me by my kids, wife and grandkids. I just can't throw the stuff away.
So many great memories :)

That's a one in a gazillion! Don't like my straight tube so if you have a newer drop style you want to sell or trade??

That's a cool looking pipe Frank.. I still have my grandfather's shaving mug and razor.... haven't tried to use the razor though, by now it's not sharp and I would probably cut my throat... besides, I gave up shaving when I retired...

On the pipe, my father used to smoke a pipe, but when I was about 5 or so I found it and used it to blow soap bubbles... Dad never wanted to smoke it after that ??????

Very cool Frank. :thumb: My mom had my great uncle's pipes and pipe stand after he passed. Had a little jar for the tobacco, which had a rubber seal under the wood lid, and a little case with a sponge for keeping it moist . The stand held about 6 pipes. I'll have to ask if they sold it or if it's still around in their storage.

Looked just like this one:
pipestand.JPG