Kickstarter legal action

Saw the same post on the ftc.gov site, says they will be investigating other complaints...so best to file them early...Probably will get busy quick.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Well I have only supported on project and it was a token support to give someone here a little encouragement. So I consider ita cheap lesson.
Sounds as if the settlement doesn't have any teeth. Should be treated more like theift. It is being treated more like a bad debt.

I've backed around 6 projects on KS. A couple of electronic gadgets, and a few where bands were getting the funds together to put together vinyl records. I've been quite pleased that all the ones I backed (that got funded) were successful.

Just wanted to provide a positive data point here so people don't think of kickstarter as a 'sketchy' thing. There are a lot of people that use it to raise capital to produce goods that are successful.

I have done one KS project (ships 5/2016). I totally went in with planning to have nothing to show for my $100 investment. But if it pays off I will own 2, 9$ computers (plus all accessories) that I can sell on eBay because they will be novelty antiques someday. Going in with eyes wide open and hoping for the best. If I lose $100...oh well...it's like a lottery ticket. Gives you time to dream.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer?ref=email

one of the guys at work is supporting a young man who is building a small laser 3d printer scanner. when done, he will get one for his backing level. i'd like to think that ned is the exception to the rule, even taking into account the real ones that don't quite make it for one reason or another.

Well if I left the impression that I will never back a KS it wasn't what I meant. The one I backed I didn't even want the items I just did it for support. However the guy that used 100 grand for moving across country just got his wrist slapped. Not the way to keep KS well accepted. And it is such a great resource, and some items will fail. But the funds should have been used trying for success.

Reads to me like part of the problem was him saying they would get refunds on their kickstarter page. If that isn't part of the legal equation, then I wonder about the backers of Occulus Rift, who only ended up being the first round of funding, so they could be bought out by Facebook.