50th Pecan Box

Dave Hoskins

I turn and sell quite a few boxes of all different sizes out of several different woods. This one happens to be the 50th pecan box that I have turned. I did this first thing this morning before I went on to other turnings. This one was turned with being either a salt or spice box. Of course there is room for M&M's if that is your preference. I turned this one with wings on it. One side had some natural edge on it and the other didn't making it look out of balance. I removed it so the box would have a more balanced look to me. This box is 6" in outside diameter, 4" inside diameter, 3" total height and the vessel depth is 1 1/2". I sealed the wood as I always do with walnut oil and then finished it with my usual walnut oil/shellac mixture. To me these are quick and easy turnings that are fairly fast sellers. Hopes ya likes it!

Thanks, guys! Definitely a good place for a stash of M&M's. Love them things which is why I rarely buy them. Got too much extra weight right now as it is. Roger, you just keep practicing. You will get there if you want to arrive!

Jim, your M&M's are safe. Today, that is. Sure not going to a store today. Been raining big time all day. So far, I've gotten 5 1/2" since early this morning. Wonder if the Swamp Thing is around?