Thread: Nice & quiet sss snick sss snik

Nice & quiet sss snick sss snik

The plane is now sharp & I was looking around the shop what can I use it on.....oh looky here a nice 6'+ long poplar board quick get it down outa the rack & clamp it up in the vises.

I have made & installed a fence from materials on hand doesn't look like much but works real good on the transitional plane using holes someone had used for this purpose in the past. The plane with fence made it easy to square the edge to the side of the board. Then I used my #22 Miller Falls & finished jointing it, came out real nice I checked it out with my long straight edge.

I also got my 2 Rabbet planes sharpened. Next I guess I'll sharpen The chisels & make handles for them.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Nice planes there Bart. There is nothing quite like bringing an old plane back to life. If other woodworkers knew that feeling, Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley would go out of business. Of course the price of planes would go through the roof, but Liberty Tool would fair well enough.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"