need help on a major oops!!!

larry merlau

i am in the middle of a hutch with 3/8" solide panels, well when cross cuttin one of the long panels after they had been sanded to thickness and ready to go insde, one end of the glue joint let loose:eek: :eek: i had seen a line but thoiught it was just a dark line not:huh: :huh: it looks like it let loose for about 3 inches. i have 1/16 for movemnt on this panel its only 10 3/4" wide what should i do:dunno: :dunno: can i put some ca glue in there on the end and have hold? this will be clear lacquer finish... after that i quit for the night checked the other off cuts and they seem fine. its gonna be at the top and i have 3/8 groove for it to set in if i glue the panel in the center of the grove or pin it will that hold it from going bad?

thanks for your help.

Dear Larry,
Welcome back from your over due sabatical, caroosing, and cahortin with the riff raff, now it's back to work.:rofl: This crack maybe payback for too much fun!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: Try this, rip several dutchman, longer than the crack, ( I figure if it wanted to crack open that much already, why try to force it closed?) glue the crack, and the dutchman, (with a serious taper)and snug them in like the cedar wedges for hanging a door jamb, from either side,(snug). Wioe the glue and cut flush with what ever tool, ( I try the low angle block plane or sharp chisel), then sand, no water.
It will work like a charm, try a couple dry fits first.
Shaz

Wait'll Missus Larry finds out he was cahootin' and cahortin' down south.....This little problem with be the least of his worries!:D

not to worry folks

ken ,,she was well aware of my shanagins and even took the picture of me and the chair to be real:dunno: she isnt blond either she called steve ash for clarification:D .. she likes me i quess..:dunno: :dunno: now back to my oops, rob this crack is just a fine crack i mean looks tight but moved up down to allow for feeling of movemnt,, last night while sleepin i had thought to fix it tell me what you folks think,,,,, take and drill a 1/8 hole down the crack from the end grain and fill with small dowel and glue. or just glue shot in with syring or poked in with nail and then clamp flat again.. rob if my crack was bigger i could see using your approach.. and maybe the glue and vacume would work too. this is one tight crack right now. kinda like ready to be glued fit:huh: :huh:

Well Larry, you know what you've got, what I don't understand is Why you don't got alot more trouble for bein out with riff and raff.:rofl: :rofl: Your little sweetie has got to be one special gal! (Yous sho shees not blond?):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Shaz
Oh, by the way the smartest girl I know is blonde.:D

riff raff :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Laughing too hard to think of a panel repair solution right now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rif raff--NOT

well i quess they have fooled the likes of many cuz that are in no way rif raff thrre family,, cuzuns if you will:D i understand you veiw point rob but i think in this case your soultuion is for a bigger crack.. but i know i am not old enouf to be wize yet so imight be missun the boat:huh: :huh:

Injecting some glue in there mentioned above would be my choice Larry

thanks guys

i will take it to the doctor tommrow after work:D and have get its shots. i will clamp it back aways from the split so when i spred it a touch it wont hopefully take off and split more:eek: then the reclamp the afflicted area.

p.s: steve those resawed parts are still flat and lookin good sept fer the little split but all in all well pleased with the way that mm16 saws... yeah sam i will be in touch later:):thumb: :thumb: oh and tod the daughter loves that bed panel you helped me with,, there anxious to get the rest of it...

i will take it to the doctor tommrow after work:D and have get its shots. i will clamp it back aways from the split so when i spred it a touch it wont hopefully take off and split more:eek: then the reclamp the afflicted area.

p.s: steve those resawed parts are still flat and lookin good sept fer the little split but all in all well pleased with the way that mm16 saws... yeah sam i will be in touch later:):thumb: :thumb: oh and tod the daughter loves that bed panel you helped me with,, there anxious to get the rest of it...

Daughter loves bed panel :thumb:

Resawed cherry is staying flat :thumb: