What does your Friday have in store!

Jim Burr

Brewing my wife's favorite Hefeweizen this morning. Movies, which we haven't done in a really really long time, then Food Truck Friday; about 15 local food trucks in one area, music, beer...all the stuff that make Friday fun!
How about you folks?

Friday: I took my granddaughter to the shooting range this morning. She wants to learn to shoot, so I had her try my .357 revolver, 9mm semi and .22 rifle. She did pretty good for her first time shooting anything. I was going to mow our lawn this afternoon but we now have rain and lightning in the area now...darn the luck!!! Tonight will be beef and chicken fajitas with frozen margaritas!

Saturday: Lawn work and some test cuts on my CNC.

Sunday: Brunch (granddaughter makes great French toast!)...chill time...NASCAR!

Gotta get the yard mown today! 2"+ rain predicted for tomorrow! If it really does rain that much, It'll put us on track to set a record for the wettest June ever! :(

Had planned to go out of town tomorrow, but looks like that has been canceled. It's supposed to be a great weekend after the rain moves on out towards Jim. Looks like I'll be working on the yard a little, cleaning up the garage, finishing up work on the hot water heater, maybe a little work on the laundry room, oh and picking up parts for a new keezer today (mini gloat ;)).

Lazy weekend for us. No real plans other than hitting the art festival in town tomorrow...and hitting a local brewery after. Probably go on a drive Sunday morning to check out the aftermath of some flooding that is still going on here in town. 5-9" of rain fell Thursday night north of and in town in about 2hrs time. :eek: Hope to get in the shop on Sunday after yard work.

Finish up a table for drill press. Complete some small crosses for gifts. Help son put new floor in bathroom. Take it easy at Art Walk tonight downtown. Live life to to the best.
Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend.
David

Hoping to do another yard sale Saturday, then visiting with some friends who are in town for the weekend.

Sunday afternoon I have a combination rehearsal/cookout with a new band. In addition to the acoustic/electric classic rock band I'm currently playing in, I'm now the guitarist in a Pink Floyd tribute band. :guitar:

In my spare time, I'm going to try to make a bit of progress on an ongoing guitar assembly project. My second Telecaster-style Partscaster. ;)

Finish the variance application for the house build it the major chore. More drawing on the CNC cabinet base. The size has been determined. Bid will be in early next week. Hope to order by next weekend. Maybe later, as I will not be available to accept delivery until after the 15th of July. Mechanical stuff coming first. Electronics later down the road. Will post drawing of revised cabinet as it comes together.

Usual Sunday commitments. Maybe a little outside work tomorrow. Depends on my sleep schedule tonight. Been irregular lately. Next week is unusually busy, so some very fine, tight planning this weekend to get through.

60th birthday party tomorrow night, at my favorite restaurant, (but Im not paying for party)
bbq sunday at same relatives house, not 100% sure if we can attend yet.

trying to get some trays made this week, gonna start 2 or 3 tomorrow.

sunday, must clean up shop, dust collector, vacuum it out.

Trying to beat the heat (mid 80's). At least it is not humid. Some rain would be nice. Anyone into a trade?

I have to repair some Adirondack chairs I made many moons ago. I need to replace the arm rests and a seat slat from each. I am using 1" thick red cedar for the replacement parts. I have them roughly band-sawed out and only need to finish the shaping using my router table. I had saved the plywood patterns. I am just not too excited about creating any dust in this hot weather when I am sweating so much.

I am also re-staining my fence and am only doing it in small doses because it is tedious and hot out there. Noticing the common theme? I know some of you would kill for weather in the 80's with little humidity, but you must realize I am a heat wimp. I love weather in the 50's and even overcast.

Playing golf VERY early Sunday morning with the wife (heat avoidance, get it?). Besides, playing early leaves plenty of the day left for other things: like sitting in front of a fan. My game is coming around very nicely. I had the longest drive last week at our company tournament and am striping the ball with every club. I do need to work on my bunker play. Always something.

First day of vacation...some relaxing (pooling), some gardening.

We are beating the heat by wearing our surfer shorts and tops and dipping into the pool every few hours. Without humidity (and that's key), we get 3-4 hours of pleasant evaporation and can do stuff outdoors in 95 degrees and freeze to death at the same time :rofl:

First day of vacation...some relaxing (pooling), some gardening.

We are beating the heat by wearing our surfer shorts and tops and dipping into the pool every few hours. Without humidity (and that's key), we get 3-4 hours of pleasant evaporation and can do stuff outdoors in 95 degrees and freeze to death at the same time :rofl:

I actually did the same thing this afternoon, was about 100* out by the pool spreading mulch around. Finally went and changed into some swim trunks and jumped in the pool. We had a slight breeze and it almost made working that way cold...almost. ;)