since it was my first day off, i slept in for a bit, then it was off to pop's to work on the car cribbage board prototypes. i finished coding up the tool paths for all of them over the last few days, and some of the state boards as well. all i can say is, thanks to leo for aiming me at cut2v, it works like a charm. the first one i did was of the 1950 chevy fastback sedan (one of pop's favorite cars), the first go round of the text went ok, and i was happy with the depth, but the depth of the car was a bit shallow for my liking. so i upped the depth of cut a hair, and it seemed ok, but a little on the heavy side. so, for the 1956 chevy bel air sport coupe, i took a split cat hair off the depth of cut, and liked that one much better. the 50 went to pop, and the 56 will be going to my brother jimmy as soon as he gets back from a car show in iowa (when last spoken to, they were lost in des moines). i gave them a quick hit with spray on shellac that i had, to protect them a bit, and darken the mdf a bit. they didn't take as long as i thought they would, and i think that i can bump up the feed rate for the cars a bit more too. tomorrow it will be a couple of the state boards. almost forgot, the boards are all going to be 11x22 inches. that was what i came up with in order to keep the detail of the cars and still get a 120 point board. the states are all 60 point boards.