TNNW - The Next "Next" Workbench

Would it be so critical 1mm difference? if a 20mm dog hole was used? 3/4" = 19.05mm unless you already got the bench dogs.

Yeah, 20s won't fit a 3/4" hole. :D 20mm seems to be the Euro standard, and Festool, Lee Valley, and others make some very nice clamping and other devices that are 20mm. I find the Festool Multi-Function Table (MFT) a very useful addition to my shop. It now sees more use than my 'regular' bench.

OK, all finished up. I didn't care for the zinc screws Lee Valley included with the vise for the end-caps. All the other visible hardware is brass so I added my own brass screws. I also added o-rings which were not included.

TNNW (67).jpg

And here she is in all her diminutive glory.

TNNW (68).jpgTNNW (69).jpgTNNW (70).jpg

It was nice being able to keep the old drawer unit. I have become really accustomed to what is in those drawers and where ;-)

Last edited:
Looks nice!

What was the plan for the drop front on the non vise side? I think you might have explained it at one point but I'm not seeing it...

Possibilities are another smaller twin screw, another form of tail vise or just dog holes and no vise (use a Wonder Dog or some such). With the jury still out (and it may be out for awhile) I built with the twin screw in mind. I can always cut material away if I go another route.