Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrong Kind of Fireworks

ABQ NM

Wrong Kind of Fireworks

Happy Independence Day, all. Here's a reminder...if you've been drinking, don't drive, OK?

This is my wife's car. She was sitting in a left turn lane a few hours ago waiting to turn when a lady in a Smart car headed southbound missed the westbound right turn, jumped the median, and took out the traffic light. No injuries, but unfortunately, I think my wife's Acura will be totaled due to the bent roof. The lady driving the Smart car seemed fine and was very apologetic, but she didn't pass the field sobriety test and was taken away in handcuffs. She's gonna have a worse 4th of July than we are, and ours isn't going all that well. Fortunately, she has good insurance, and it's the same company we have, so there shouldn't be any bickering.

Be careful out there!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acura 3 1024.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	91053 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acura 5 1024.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	91054 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acura 8 1024.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	91055
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Yorktown, Virginia
    Sorry to see this, but glad your wife escaped without injury. The Acura looks like it was in great shape before the accident. I hope you two don't take any kind of financial hit from this mess.

Santa Claus, In
    Not good and glad all came out well. Impressive the lack of damage the cars have with what happened. Vehicle safety has came a long way
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

That's sad. Firepepper Red was a 2002 only color. If it was low mileage, hope insurance doesn't yank you around on a 13 year old car...

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Bummer about the car, but good that Kian wasn't hurt.

Hopefully, the insurance will settle quickly, and not cause you further heartburn.
    Jim D.

Reno, Nv
    An Acura and a smart car pull up to a stop light....
    That could have been a lot worse. Happy 5th maybe?
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Ouch....that is never any fun the only good news is there were no injuries. Hopefully the insurance will make you well. I didn't think that a smart car could knock over one of those poles.
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Looks like the Smart Car wasn't so smart after all..... Glad the missus wasn't hurt... know she was scared when that light pole started down onto her car.
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    That'll reset your heartrate. wow, I can only imagine her reaction when that thing crashed down on her. Hope all works out well and you have a better day today.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    So glad no one got hurt but I'm with Don I cant believe a Smart Car could knock a pole down
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.