EZ-One

I've got an original EZ system - 110" of rail, an square guide, and a Makita 7¼" saw on an EZ sled - that I've had for several years. Nice system, but I don't use it now that I've 'upgraded' to a Festool plunge-cut saw.

If anyone's interested, I'll sell it at a pretty reasonable price. If a prospective buyer is coming to Jon's this weekend, I'll bring it along.

Interesting concept, but could use some enhancements, like a plunge saw and more importantly a sacrificial bed.

Yup and yup, it was a bit painful on my frugal side to see the chunks chewed out of the aluminium cross pieces :eek:

I'm also not really sure on the repeatability of it.. some nicer way to do stops would be useful. You do have the reference edge but that's still subject to parallax errors. I think you could do a pair of slide out stops from the side under the clamp/rail and that would work pretty well.

edit: Their self aligning extrusions look kind of cool, not cheap, but kind of cool: http://www.eurekazone.com/self_aligning_extrusions_s/1971.htm