Yup! Friday again.

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
We know some of you lucky dogs are in Indiana this weekend, but for the rest of us, well....

Today I am taking my variance package to the county. $4K. :eek: Your kind thoughts are appreciated.

Yesterday I got the invoice for the water meters. $14K. :eek: :eek:

Did get a letter from the fire district (very important here in high fire risk SoCal) approving my set back request and pointing out that putting a residence on my lot improved the wild land fire threat in the area. :D

FWIW, the stack of paper for one copy of all this is a 1/2" thick. Sheesh!

Other weekend stuff is the usual work requirements. End of next week, the first shipment of CNC parts ought to be here. :thumb:

Friday: I'm in my shop now, but will start the weekly process of mowing our lawn in a few minutes.

Saturday: Should get a fair amount of shop time - mainly CNC related. Also need to take my granddaughter to a vacant parking lot and let her work on her driving - yeah, uh-huh! Then, the NASCAR Cup race is on at 7pm!!!

Sunday: Brunch.....be lazy.....lupper.....be lazy..... You get the picture!

Going to a bonfire tonight...tommorrow the heat index is supposed to be above 100 so shop time is not gonna happen. The girl turns 10 on Sunday so a family get together for that. Can't believe she has hit double digits!! Her party with friends will be later in the week as some are out of town this weekend.

My wife is making me relax a little after the nose surgery, blood flow has pretty much stopped though. Did unpack some beer kits today that brown delivered, also want to try and disassemble the keezer for finishing, but will probably not get done until Sunday.

I'm hangin' with my daughter tonight, but tomorrow I'm going to meet some woodworking friends. The toe looks OK but you'll understand that I'm not taking any chances with it considering my medical history.

Darren, look after that nose. It sounds like surgery my brother had. He's fine now.

Seems like all my plans fell trought. No Family gathering for me, no bike week to Gettysburg, no trip to the farm, I've been trying to work out a weekend trip but work is coming on like Jack sitting at my side barking to take him to go pee. So tonight ive gotten an email about a gallery I like to get into and there is an opening tonight and I was invited, the guy would like to talk with me. :) Then maybe tomorrow I'll take a ride to Gettysburg. Sunday maybe a day ride to the farm.

We're hosting a surprise retirement party for my sister on Saturday evening, so today and much of tomorrow will be prepping for that. Sunday, I'll be spending time in the woodshed. Not the WOOD woodshed, but the GUITAR woodshed, learning some more material for the new band.