My something ?

We have another challenge going on over at WTU. This time it's to made something you have never done before. Well i all ways wanted to made a tree, so this is my meager attempt. Made from maple and about 7 tall and 6 wide at the tallest and widest. Really wanted to carve a hawk to sit on top, but can't get one to look right being as small as it would need to be. Lots of mishaps and tons of things i would do different if i ever try this again. 018 (800x591).jpg017 (800x461).jpg

I'll tell you what. You might call this a meager attempt if you want to. I think it is quite good. Certainly 100 times better than what my big stiff hands could do. Looks like a nice place to stash some M&M's, too! Great job to me!

Pretty dang good for an ol' nailbender from Tennessee! :D Beautiful piece, Steve. :clap: Your carving keeps getting better and better, and your turning has always been top-notch. :thumb:

Wowza again!! I have never seen you at a loss to expand the creative horizon! Big high five!!
People keep stealing my M&M's :p....need to find their own candy ;)

Kewl! I don't know what else to say, really awesome work as usual or maybe even better than usual but I'm not sure.. you're last tea pot was pretty wowser as well.. so just going with Wow as usual :D

Nice carving job on the tree to, you managed to really capture a sense of "treeness" with it (which sounds funny but there it is!).