Images turned 90º?

Hi there.

I want to start a thread with some pics, and for an unknown reason, they are shown rotated 90º. Originally they were like that but I opened them in Irfanview and turned them so that they woud display upright and saved the file, but it seems that for some reason the web software still reads them as rotated, or other thing.

Any hint how I should do it? When I see the thumbnails they are in the rigth position, and the file is uprigth, and when I open them they are right as well.

Not sure if it'll help, but after you rotate the photos in Irfanview, select the "Reset EXIF orientation tag" option in the "JPEG/GIF save options" dialog box.

JPEG GIF save options.jpg

Not sure if it'll help, but after you rotate the photos in Irfanview, select the "Reset EXIF orientation tag" option in the "JPEG/GIF save options" dialog box.

View attachment 91263

Thanks for the tip Vaughn, I tried but it didn't work, because I had checked by default the "Keep original Exif data", uncheking it and leaving your option checked made the trick finally.

Thanks again.

Yeah, removing the EXIF data will also reduce the file size (but not the image size). It also removes some info that (depending on the camera/phone) can include your location and other info you might not want to share.